Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Elephant walk

This week, we went to the Topeka Zoo. I saw this elephant, and for some reason, I felt like I needed to stop and watch him. Most people glanced quickly, and went on. But there was a lesson. I felt it. So I stayed.
 I began noticing that the elephant always stayed in one place. He would pace back and forth, in place on two feet, swinging his trunk. My daughter later said that she was sure that one of his back feet never left the ground.
You know what happened don't you? That poor little guy had probably been chained as a child.
I saw the misery in his eyes. I wanted to scream at him look (big) little guy! You have a whole yard to play in now! Run! YOu are freeee!
The more I watched him, the madder I got.
Because it reminded me of me.
I have habits.
I am free in Christ.
I need to be reminded.